Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Punched in the ribs... cont.

Great day - all the tests were concluded and I got out of jail early! Nothing 100% conclusive but all prelims suggest that I have averted diabetes by starting now. Dr. M. said that I would likely have developed it in "a year or two" and that I was now Insulin Hypersensitive. Meaning: that the pancreas has been damaged and that less insulin is being produced, but that my body has had to become so sensitive to the smaller amount of insulin that it can still cope with changes in sugar level. Rx: get rid of 10 lbs of iron and 20-30 pounds of fat cells, eat reasonably and come back in 1-2 years when my iron is under control!

Tomorrow (Thursday) we'll get all of the results. Fridays and Mondays I'll give up a pint of blood as long as 1-2 years or as long as my veins can take a needle. (I bought long sleeved shirts to wear!)

Thanks for all of the calls and texts and emails. I love ya! Really.

0 comments: