Thursday, July 10, 2008

And the results: TAH DAH!

GREAT NEWS!!!
The good doctor said that he fully expected to find cirrhosis of the Liver or at lease fibrosis and scarring. BUT! He explained that for some reason, some mice NEVER develop the ugly things, no matter how much iron is put into their system. As of today, I have NONE of the uglies! Conclusion: I must be a mouse (or a Caucasian RAT!)

Any damage to my pancreas is partially reversible and with weight reduction and iron elimination, it should last me through my lifetime. The damage to the adrenal system isn't covered by his grant monies, but he will set me up with a Doctor to address those issues.

Best news of the last several weeks. We're now cleared for phlebotomy twice per week and reduction of iron for a long time. The ongoing challenge will now be to balance the chemotherapy and the phlebotomy therapy so I don't run out of blood cells. Both sets of doctors will monitor my blood cell levels and make adjustments as needed.

0 comments: