Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting on - with a surprise or two.

The arms are getting scarred a bit, the staff is as friendly as ever. But since the testing, liver biopsy, and almost 4 units of blood, my ferritin level JUMPED up to 2990. Waiting to hear a theory on why that may have happened. Traveling to Alabama this week and looking for anyone with a needle and a tin can. There is a center for iron studies - HHC - 12 miles from my hotel. We'll beg 'em to take the blood.

TIRED - so tired on the 2nd or 3rd days that getting off the floor is difficult at times. I left off the chemo treatment the night before the last phlebotomy and felt better this time than the previous ones.

PAIN - Friday, 7-18-08, my son and his wife had a new girl - my 4th grandchild, Anna, a beautiful child. My joints were so sore, I could barely walk the hospital halls. No complaints - just slow - and the granddaughter made it ALL WORTH WHILE!

0 comments: