Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another week, another pint.

Better days. Not quite so tired - but getting a good night's sleep each night and eating well - trying to lose 20-30 pounds suggested by the doctor to reduce the likelihood of diabetes. (Currently at 204 pounds!) This week, it was a good poke in the arm - hit the vein the very first time. There is already scar tissue forming inside the elbow of my "big vein" arm. It will get worse, I'm told.

The secret... In personal discussions, I'm starting to describe the symptoms rather than the complaints or feelings. With this approach, I can still be my happy, upbeat self - rather than whining, complaining or shaking my fist at the heavens.

What is, IS. This seems to embody my approach lately. No changing reality, but my hope for the future is in my ability to accept "what is" for what it is, namely, another phase of life to be experienced and celebrated. And, with that attitude, I can move on to helping others, providing for temporal needs and working on talents and introspective development. I'm loving life more, but needing less to cling to the idea of longevity than the need to improve the value of each day. Blah, Blah, Blah...

0 comments: